Monday 14 April 2014

Primula Auricula's ...

Good Morning!
I hope you all had a lovely weekend, I managed to get a few bits done in the garden such as cutting the lawn, spraying some Roses with rose clear and giving the Azalea's a liquid feed. I have also started hardening off the Autumn sown Sweet Pea's because as you can see from this picture they are pretty much ready to go out.


But what I really wanted to share with you today was some Primula Auricula's! 


Over the past few weeks I have seen them more and more in magazines and on the TV so I couldn't resist bringing a few home with me from work one day to start growing myself.


Auricula's are best kept in Teracotta pots and  ones only slightly larger than the plant themselves. Plant them into some good quality soil (I have used John Innes no.2) with added grit for drainage.



I topped off the plant with a dressing of the same grit.


Auricula's are best kept under a sheltered area to keep direct rain off them.
TIP - It is best to water the top of the pot as opposed to over the top of the plant to avoid getting water on the plant.


On Saturday I also added some more plants to my ever growing collection when I went out shopping (Primula - Sparkling Ruby and Lewisia - Millers Gold) I couldn't resist buying these and I'm sure I'm not the only one who wouldn't be able to lol


I re-potted both of the plants into Teracotta pots just like with Auricula's.





Thanks for stopping by,
HAPPY GROWING!
XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment