Wednesday 11 June 2014

Instant Summer Colour Part 2 ...

Good Morning!
I'm back as promised with the rest of my purchases from last week. Here's a close-up look at what they were. First is this lovely Summer flowering Clematis called 'Prince Charles'.


I planted the Clematis against a fence to add some colour and height. I will also be pairing it with an Evergreen climber once I have decided on what I want!


When digging the planting hole for Clematis you need to make sure the hole is really deep. I also added some Fish, Blood & Bone to the planting hole.


The Clematis needs to be 3 inches or more below the surface when planting.



Fill the planting hole back up with compost and soil and always make sure you give Clematis a good soak when planting. I use a full watering can as they need to be well watered in!


Finish the planting off by providing a structure for the Clematis to climb up. Don't worry if it's unsightly as once the climber has become established you won't be able to see it.

The second plant was a Geranium 'New Dimension' which I have planted in the same border, this will gradually spread and give ground cover but until then you can see from the previous photo I have added some leftover bedding Petunia's to fill the space.


You can see that the foliage matches the Heuchera on the left that I planted last year.


One of the other Annuals in the border are 'Nigella' plants and with their soft blue's and creams they work really well with the new additions.


Thanks for stopping by,

HAPPY GROWING!
XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment