It's Monday so it is time for another Weekly Garden Checklist.
Incase this is the first time you have seen this particular themed post, it's a quick list of jobs you can be doing in the garden this week.
Let's get started!
1. Aerate Lawns - Lawns may not be looking at their best at the moment, well mine certainly isn't due to the recent rainfall. To help aid drainage aerate the lawn with a Garden Fork.
2. Old Bedding - The majority of Summer Bedding will be looking rather tired by now, why not spruce up your pots with some fresh Autumn / Winter Bedding.
3. Plant - October (I know it's not technically until tomorrow but hey ho) is a good time to plant new Fruit as it gives it time to get established in the warmer soil before Winter.
4. Top Dress - If your plants have developed a lean and the visable soil doesn't look too appealing, simply top dress with some Horticultural Grit. I also like to add a fresh layer of compost before adding the grit just to give the plant some fresh nutrients. It only takes a minute and the finished look is a lot nicer.
5. Leaves - Keep on top of collecting Autumn Leaves, try to do this at least once a week. If the leaves are left they can smother young plants and cause lawns to turn yellow underneath.
Thanks for stopping by,