It's Monday so it is time for another Weekly Garden Checklist.
Incase this is the first time you have seen this particular themed post, it's a quick list of jobs you can be doing in the garden this week.
Let's get started!
1. Plant Spring Bulbs - September / October is a great time to plant your Spring bulbs as the ground is still warm which will help the roots develop well. Although some people dispute it I still prefer to plant my Tulip bulbs however in November.
2. Prune Shrub Roses - If your Shrub Roses have stopped flowering and have some rather lengthy growth then you can prune your roses back by half now, which also helps against windy weather disrupting their roots.
3. Collect Leaves - Leaves are starting to fall so instead of collecting them to go in the bin why not make your own leaf mould? Simply put the collected leaves in Hessian sacks, place in a corner of the garden in about 2 years you will have your own leaf mould which is great for plants!
4. Tender Plants - If the temperature is dropping a fair bit where you are it's time to start bringing tender plants under cover such as Agapanthus and various tender Perennials.
5. Sow Vegetables - There's still time to sow some Vegetables including Lettuce & Salad leaves, Winter Radishes, Spinach and Spring Onions!
Thanks for stopping by,