Last weekend amongst the rain I managed to get my Summer border planted up at the front of the house. Usually you are meant to wait until the last week of May / first week of June to plant Summer bedding but I got impatient. It wasn't too far off anyway!
So to start off I moved all the plants I needed so that they were ready, removed all the Primroses that were previously in the border and got a bag of compost ready for the planting.
Before planting I positioned the plants first where I wanted them to go. I have used a combination of 'Yankee Doodle' Dahlia's and Antirrhinum's 'Day & Night'. I laid them out in a mix of the both.
When planting I added compost to each of the planting holes for every plant.
To finish the planting I added a top mulch over the complete border with the compost and watered in.
I repeated the planting in the back garden with my larger tuber Dahlia's. I have decided to position them in the border against the shed.
Before I go here's a few snaps of some plant closeup's I took the same day. Starting off with one of my Alliums 'Purple Sensation' ...
The border along the fence near the shed is full of blooms from the Geum's & Aquilega's.
The first Sweet Pea flower of 2014 has bloomed!
One of the Calendula 'Sunset Buff'' was starting to open ...
Finally the Hebe in the far corner has filled out and is showing it's blooms along with the Astrantia next to it which is putting on some growth!
Thanks for stopping by, I hope you are all still enjoying my blog.