Sunday 2 March 2014

A Spring Spruce Up ...

Good Morning!
Earlier this week I had a little spending spree! I'd decided it was time to give the front of my house a little spruce up along with some pots in the back garden. The following tray is what I'd chosen for the front bed alone, 18 lovely primroses!



TIP - Before I plant anything I always like to set them out beforehand to check that I like the overall position.


Et voila! I know you may not think it looks like much but within 10 minutes the border is now bright and colourful! In case your wondering this border was full of annuals last year which is why it was currently bare.


Alongside this I also made a quick pot to go outside by back door. I used a combination of Primroses (I love this particular mix for the soft pastel colours), Crocus's, A Snowdrop and an Anemone.







I also treated myself to this Dianthus and Hellebore this week, I love the shock of lime in the Dianthus and the way the colours blend in the Hellebore.



Thanks for popping by, 
I'l be back tomorrow with some more snaps of what I've done with my purchases this week!
HAPPY GROWING!
XXX

2 comments:

  1. Lovely spending spree Natalie the primroses are pretty colours and the will soon fill out and spread in your border. I nabbed some from the park compost heap last year - the pull them out of the beds every year the park keeper said to help myself - l have got my eye on some more lol = wishing you sunshine x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous gardening Nat - love hellebores - beautiful flowers xx

    ReplyDelete