It's Monday so it is time for another Weekly Garden Checklist.
Incase this is the first time you have seen this particular themed post, it's a quick list of jobs you can be doing in the garden this week.
Let's get started!
1. Plant Shrubs, Conifers & Hedging - Now that we are almost in September now is a good time to plant new shrubs giving them time to get established before winter. It's also a good idea to give the ground a good turning over and incorporating some organic matter before planting.
2. Tie in Chrysanthemums - Chrysanthemums should be putting on some good tall growth now so it's always a good idea to tie them into their stakes for support, especially with all this windy weather we've been having recently!
3. Remove Weed from Ponds - Pond weed can increase quickly so it's a good idea to keep an eye on it and pull it out if you spot any, such as blanket weed which can soon take over.
4. Catch Earwigs - Earwigs can soon make an appearance at this time of year and seem to love Dahlia's. To catch them place small upturned plant pots on-top of the plant stakes to catch them, check each morning and dispose as you wish.
5. Dig Up Hardy Annuals - As much as we love them we don't always want them to multiply around the garden, so now is a good time to dig them up before they set seed.
Thanks for stopping by,