Saturday 2 August 2014

Replacement Planting ...

Good Morning!
This week my Sweet Pea Wigwam got really bad Powdery Mildew and had only had about 3 or 4 flowers on it for the past 2 weeks. So instead of it getting worse and bothering me for the rest of the Summer I decided to bite the bullet and get rid!
I decided to replace it with something completely different, A 'Salix - Flmaingo'! Before though I completely emptied the tub of the previous soil and replaced it with some crocs at the bottom and then a layer of John Innes no.3 mixed with some grit for added drainage.

The Salix came in a rather small container so instead of planting it straight into the main pot I am potting it on gradually, here you can see I have potted it into a large pot, with John Innes no.3 and placed it in the centre.



I bought another Chocolate Cosmos to go in the pot but because it needs to be over-wintered I potted this on into a larger pot too so that I can lift it out later in the year. I also filled the rest of the tub with more John Innes. Before going onto the next part I watered the plants in extremely well, the Salix needs to be well watered so a full watering can was used.



To finish off the tub I added some simple white Viola's and a top layer of multi-purpose compost. 



Earlier in the week I also bought a Pittosporum 'Tom Thumb' which I've planted in a tub alongside, however it will most likely be planted elsewhere later in the year when I have made my mind up where.



Thanks for stopping by,
HAPPY GROWING!
XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment