It's Monday so it is time for another Weekly Garden Checklist.
Incase this is the first time you have seen this particular themed post, it's a quick list of jobs you can be doing in the garden this week.
Let's get started!
1. Deadhead Buddleia's - Buddleia's should be getting into full swing of flowering now and the best way to keep them going, like many plants, is by dead-heading once the flowers have started to fade. This also helps stop the spread of seeds as they are notorious for popping up in places you don't want them to!
2. Weeds - Weeds will also still be flourishing in this weather so keep checking between and behind plants for them, they will be fighting with the plants you do want for water and nutrients in the ground so pull them out when you see them.
3. Collect Seeds - Now is the time to collect seeds from your favourite plants, such as Astrantia's. All you need to do is make sure it's a dry day and shake the heads over a little brown bag to collect the seed. Alliums should also be ready now and you can either collect them like I have just mentioned or leave the heads so the wind can carry them around the garden.
4. Prune Summer Flowering Shrubs - Shrubs such as Philadelphus will benefit from a summer prune right now to encourage flower stems for next year. Cut back the stems that have finished flowering this year by about a third and if you want to you can also cut back some of the old woody stems (approx 1 in 3) down to just above ground level to encourage new growth next year.
5. Identify Leaf Problems - Leaf problems such as Black Spot, Powdery Mildew and Fuschia Rust are quite common at this time of year. I have had a few cases of the latter two in my garden! Simply check your plants leaves each day and if you spot anything, pull them off and dispose of (but not on a compost heap!).
Thanks for stopping by,