It's Monday so it is time for another Weekly Garden Checklist.
Incase this is the first time you have seen this particular themed post, it's a quick list of jobs you can be doing in the garden this week.
Let's get started!
1. Trim Conifer & Evergreen Hedges - Now is a good time to trim your hedges, especially conifers.
You can also trim the top of the hedges to neaten them up.
2. Order Bulbs - Now is a good time to buy and plant your Autumn bulbs. Now is also a great time to get orders in for Spring bulbs such as Tulips as most companies are releasing their new range and it's always good to place an order before they sell out! For next year I am getting some 'Black Parrot' Tulips.
3. Take Cuttings - If you haven't done so already now is a good time to take cuttings from Perennials and bedding plants ready for next year. Not only does this give you more plants but cuttings are a lot easier to over-winter than large plants if you only have a small GH.
4. Replace Bedding - Bedding that is looking tired, such as in Hanging Baskets, can do with a new look. For example a handful of my Baskets were looking rather tired and bedraggled so I simply replaced them with some Fuschia's I had in pots for an instant freshen up!
Bedding is also rather cheap in GC's at this time of year so you don't need to worry about spending a fortune if you haven't got anything by hand.
You could also replace tired bedding in borders with your Winter Bedding (e.g. Wallflowers) which if you've sown yourself should be ready to be planted out. I however don't have the space just yet! lol
5. Help Tomatoes - Help Tomatoes ripen by taking off the lower leaf stems on the plant and any that don't look too healthy, this will allow more light to the fruits.
Thanks for stopping by,