Sunday 12 April 2015

Absolutely No Willpower ...

Good Morning!
I took a trip to a couple of Garden Centre's on Friday and surprise surprise I couldn't walk away empty handed! So today I thought I'd share with you what I bought.

First up are the Primula's, at 60p a pot they were more than tempting. As you can see I bought 2 Primula Denticulata in White & Pale Lilac, along with 2 Cowslips in a Red /Yellow and 
Lime / Yellow colouring.

I've been tempted to buy a Ribes for a while now, another Plant that was just on the Wishlist, until now. All I need to do is find a home for it! You can also spot the Orange Dahlia I picked up at the same time sitting alongside it.

The Tomatoes for this year have been bought and paid for, along with a Cucumber & Chilli plant. I also need to sow the Tomato 'Golden Sunrise' which is a lovely yellow one that I grew last year. I've left it rather late though!

Here are the Begonia's, Fuchsia's and Diascia plants I bought to go in some Hanging Baskets along with Nepeta, Surfinia's and Trailing Fuchsia's.

Finally temptation got the better of me and I decided to build up my Pelargonium collection!

Which should go nicely in the following pots ...

As you can see I am going to be rather busy!
HAPPY GROWING!
XXX

4 comments:

  1. What a haul, Nat - though I have to say, I'd probably have emptied the shelf of those primulas at 60p each!! I don't do very many annuals, but usually end up buying a few later in the season when I need a bit more colour (I know they're more expensive then, but I don't have a greenhouse or coldframe to keep young plants...maybe this needs to go on the list too?!) I am a bit of a hardy geranium fan - pelargoniums are too tender for my liking :) I have quite a few different varieties and they're tough as old boots and SO easy to propogate. I never have the time that I would like to garden, so things have to be pretty much bomb proof for me!! With boys that still like to kick a football, ride bikes, have water fights and generally muck about, the garden has to be able to withstand all this...so at the moment, functionality has to outweigh form...maybe one day!
    Hope the weather stays good for you to get all your pots planted and enjoy your Sunday! Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol luckily I don't have kids so I don't have that problem! I would definitely recommend that you get a GH, I have just a little 6x8 one and it allows you to grow so many things that don't really work outside, which in my case is the Tomatoes, Chilli Pepper, Cucumber and Pelargoniums ;) It also allows you to over-winter things too ... such as the Pelargoniums lol I'm a bit of a sucker for pretty petals! lol Hope you have a good day too unfortunately it's forecast rain and strong winds ... blooming typical of my only day off lol xxx

      Delete
  2. Lovely to read your post Nat and it looks like you have been very busy both in the greenhouse and in the shops lol - Love the cobolt blue primula you have shown a few post down and your helebores are looking lovely too. Isn't spring the most wonderful time, makes me feel like spending more time outside in the garden and pottering in the greenhouse, my allotment is looking good too and all ready to go when the weather warms up a bit.
    Happy gardening x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, it's my favourite time of the year. I just wish I could spend more time in the garden :) Sounds like you will be busy too! xxx

      Delete