Here are just a few suggestions that you could be getting on with this week ...
1. Pruning - Now is the time to get on with pruning certain shrubs, such as Buddleja. Prune these hard down to the base to encourage fresh new growth this year. You can also prune Hardy Fuschia's and Bush Roses at this time.
2. Old Flower Stems - Along with pruning you can also remove the old flower stems from Sedum plants. Not only will it make the plant look much tidier but you'll also be able to see the fresh growth coming through.
3. Summer Bedding - I know it may seem early to think about it, but Garden Centre's are selling Summer Bedding Plug Plants now which not only are they cheaper to buy, but also you will be able to take cuttings from them to create even more by Summertime. This is what I did last year and it helps save the pennies!
4. Deadhead - Keep on with the deadheading, just removing a few discoloured petals can make a whole lot of difference and why not prolong Spring flowers as long as you can.
5. Temperatures - Finally just a tip that it's always good to keep an eye on temperatures and ventilation, my Greenhouse has been heating up during the day, regularly to 20-30c what with all the sunshine we've been having, so it's good to make sure that you as much ventilation available that you can. Even if it's just for an hour a day due to work, it's better than nothing.
Don't forget to close it all up properly on a night though as we've also had plummeting temperatures too!
Thanks for stopping by, don't forget you can find all the previous Checklists on the page tab above.