Sunday 26 January 2020

Winter Blooms

Good Afternoon!
Well after a sunny start the weather has turned and it is now chucking it down outside, so I thought I'd share with you some photo's of what's currently flowering in the garden.

To start off with is something a little bit out of season, however it's protected in the Greenhouse which is what has encouraged it to flower ... 
Fuchsia 'Dark Eyes'
Outside the Hellebores are putting on a delightful show, here's just a few of the lovely colours that can be seen on the plants right now ... there's still some more varieties waiting for their buds to burst!
 Hellebore hybridus 'Pretty Ellen Purple'
 Hellebore hybridus 'Harvington Lime'
 Hellebore hybridus 'Pretty Ellen Red'
 Hellebore hybridus 'Pretty Ellen White'
 Hellebore hybridus 'Double White Speckled'
A self seeded Hellebore.
This next Hellebore is slightly different to the ones shown above, the foliage has slightly jagged edges and the flowers are a subtle green, I have it planted in a large container on the driveway mixed in with other plants but it's currently the star of the show!
Helleborus argutifolius 
Next up are some plants that everyone knows, even if you're not a Gardener, Primroses! Simple yet still beautiful I have a small selection in a little container at the front of the house.
Meanwhile indoors I have two small pots of Dwarf Daffodils in the Living Room, one of which started blooming a couple of days ago. At least I have some sunshine indoors!
Narcissus 'Tete - a - Tete'
Lastly I just thought I'd share a photo of a little Ladybird I spotted earlier on in the week, it was climbing up this blade of grass in the front border.

Thanks for popping by, enjoy what is left of the weekend!
HAPPY GROWING!
XXX

4 comments:

  1. Nice to see you back blogging about your garden. Curious, but my penstemon is still in flower too! I also enjoy walking past my 2 Christmas box plants - delicious honey fragrance. Loving all your hellebores - not something I have in my garden. However, the primroses are in flower and it is heartening to see green tips of bulbs poking through. Looking forward to seeing more. Happy gardening!
    Fatima x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just getting back into blogging after a very long break and your lovely post has come up on my feed.
    Your helebores are looking stunning, mine are still in tight bud. Lovely to see you have kept up the interest in gardening x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see you have something pretty to look at in the garden, Nat... mine is so bare at the minute, although the buds are starting to form, showing the promise of what is to come. I can't wait for the longer days and a bit of warmth, January and February seem so long waiting for the Spring - I just hope that Winter doesn't bring the white stuff in the meantime. Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your plants are flowering beautifully. I love fushias, and the helabore double white speckled is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete